Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Meades...Yes You Counted Right! ~ Spring Hill Family Photographer

This is a special family to me...because I'm friends with the Mommy of this clan. And yes, she has 7 children. I've posted photos of them before when she was pregnant...some of you may recall. If anyone should have 7 children it is this Mom. She is amazing.

Photobucket

She gave birth to those 2 sweet twin boys about 9 months ago I believe...and she sadly had to receive the news that one of them had a Congenital Heart Defect. His specific defect is called Tetralogy of Fallot. (Click on the link to learn more.) Of course she was devastated, but this mom has been so amazing. I've watched her blog go from a place where she just share photos of her kids for friends and family (which is great) to a journal of her sharing her thoughts and fears of having a baby with CHD. She has visitors from all over the world, my blog gets hits off her blog all the time from all over!! It's amazing. Heart Moms have a very special bond that other moms that have not experienced this can not understand. I guess like any moms who have a child with any sort of health disorder, they connect and give each other wonderful support. I encourage anyone that knows someone that may be or has gone thru this to check her blog out. I know it has helped her immensely to know that she is not alone and others have and are going thru it also.

Yesterday he underwent his corrective surgery. It's been very scary to wait for this day. Necessary and exciting to have it done, but scary to have your sweet little baby go under and have his heart repaired. So far it appears the surgery was a success and he is in the PICU trying to recover his little body from this trauma it's just been thru. She has kept updates throughout on her blog.

She asked me to take some photos of their family last week and of course I was so excited. I LOVE what we got! Oh, and for a family with 7 kids....I was amazed at really how easy it was. I've shot families with 2 kids that were more difficult than this! They are such a great family!

Photobucket




I affectionately name this....."2 Cue Balls in a Field" :)

Photobucket

Awwww...Daddy! He carries 2 babies so easy. I couldn't believe when he scooped them both up like that!! :)
Photobucket

Yes, i took photos of the other children...but this post is about the twins! :)



2 comments:

Kendra said...

I love it! They are one amazing family & quite the incredible mommy for sure! I also love all the photos you've taken of them and your others - great job!!! Thanks for the beautiful post about our mutual friend and the struggles & joys of us heart moms!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures so very much. The picture titled "cue balls" is so cute. You are right they are very easy children to be with.Once again I love'em! Clint's mom Judy.

 
© Lucky Photographer
CoffeeShop Designs