Thursday, February 26, 2009

Totally Rad.

Yesterday I got to have a super fun experience. 2 local photographers whose work I have admired for years now (ok maybe 1 1/2 years) hosted a Shoot Day down at the City Market. It was awesome. Kelley and Josh were so cool, made everyone feel comfortable and I met a lot of very cool people..some that live a hop, skip and a jump right from my house!

The great thing about doing something like this is that it is so different! It made me realize how important it is to shoot for myself on occassion. While I always love shooting, this time there was no worries of getting the right shot, pleasing someone else..or getting the safe shots. I just did whatever i wanted! I will have to do this more often!!

So, the 2 very great models were decked out in complete 80's getup which was really fun...here are the first few I've done. More soon!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've looked at some of the others photos (there were 16 of us, plus Kelley and Josh) and what amazes me is NO ONE has the same looking shot. It's really fun to see what everyone else's vision and even their post processing looks like!

8 comments:

Josh said...

WOW! These look great!!! I can't wait to see what else you got.

And I'm glad that we got to meet, to chat, and to shoot together :)

Angela said...

Love them! My favorite part is seeing what every one else got with the same set up. It was nice meeting you!

Anonymous said...

Wow Nicole, great job! God has truly blessed with an artistic ablilty to capture raw emotion in the artform of photography. I really like whats going on in the background with several of them. Also, did you tell the model in yellow to pose the way she did or was she doing her own thing for you. Really nice!

Nicole McLaughlin said...

Thanks everyone...Wendy the gal in the yellow was a super good poser! She just worked it!

Sarah said...

These rock! Yesterday was just way too fun!!

Kelley WC said...

Looking FAB!! Especially that first one - hawt! So glad to finally meet you Nicole - can't wait till we meet again :-)

Melissa said...

Nicole,
Seriously these are AMAZING!!

Mel

Anonymous said...

What fun for you. I'm glad you got to do this. I agree with everyone's comments about how great they are.

 
© Lucky Photographer
CoffeeShop Designs