Thursday, February 11, 2010

All Made Up ~Spring Hill Wedding Photographer~

I love makeup. I always have. I still remember my first real set of makeup was some cast offs of my aunt Dellene's (Thanks Dellene!) :) I remember perfectly that there was a big chubby stick of BLUE eyeliner and I used it up.

These days i still love to play with makeup, although I've found that being mainly a stay at home mom for the last 10 years I sort of lost touch with my makeup loving side. I guess because I wasn't going and doing a lot that caused me to try to look really pretty, and even if I did I just used what I had and put it on the way I was used too. Sad isn't it?

A few months back I stumbled upon this gal on You Tube. Kandee Johnson the Makeup Artist. And as I do when i find a blog online that I really like.....I spent the next 2 hours reading and watching her videos. She is amazing!! She is a real legitimate makeup artist who has the sweetest personality, and who charmingly lets us into her life and shares deep emotional feelings sometimes in her video's. I have her bookmarked, and love to keep up with her. She is also a mother working hard to make a name for herself in a big industry...that makes me like her even more! :)

Her videos are VERY easy to follow, and she gives product names and often even gives the "cheaper" equivalent if you need to do the drugstore version of her look. Some of these looks are obviously not for repeating...but they are amzing none the less...



The one I wanted to highlight her was her Bridal Makeup video. Some brides may be wanting to try their hand at their own makeup. While I definitely see the value in hiring a makeup artist....some just are trying to skim some costs out of their budget. And I think Kandee's video's are wonderful. Most of her other tutorial videos on her blog are way back in the archives so to see some more it would be better to double click this video and browse her on You Tube. They are all GREAT! But beware, you'll want to run to Sephora and buy the place out!!







2 comments:

Tracy McLaughlin said...

Thanks for this post-I can't wait to check out her site! I've learned that when I take the time to look into one of your suggestions (no matter what it is)it's always worth it! :) miss ya!

Nicole McLaughlin said...

Here is the sad truth Tracy...I am the one wasting precious time perusing the internet weeding thru the garbage to find the good stuff. I'm saving you hours of your life!! :)

 
© Lucky Photographer
CoffeeShop Designs