Saturday, February 13, 2010

I LOVE books!!

If you know me very well...you know I love to read. A. LOT. I have always loved to read. My favorite store has always been a book store, for as long as I can remember and i could easily spend thousands of dollars in one trip if I had the money. These books below are a recent read. I first noticed them one day at Target, because the covers are just so pretty. These are YA (young adult) books. However, any of you that read the Twilight series know that a YA book can be just as enjoyable as a grown up book!! I didn't read these for awhile but was finally persuaded by one of my wonderful senior girls. She loved them, so I finally read them. AND, they are sooooo good! For my generation, think BH 90210 set in 1900 New York City. Wealth, servants, balls, carriages, manners, and lots of betrayal! Good stuff. For the younger generation I guess think....Laguna Beach in 1900..I guess...I dont know!! :) But, either way, these books are really good. You can even read the first one for free online at the website. HERE





Feel free to share some good books you've read...IN THE COMMENTS.....I get a lot of hits on this blog and I'd love some of you to comment!!! Please...it would make my day!! :)

7 comments:

Lori Krause said...

I read a lot too. I've always got at least 2 going at one time sometimes 3 or 4 depending on my mood. I have not read any of the books you mentioned, but I think Ellen has, I'll try to steal one from her! I did just recently finish "The Thirteenth Tale" as part of my book club and I told Ellen that I think she would enjoy it. I also read "Pillars of the Earth" within the last 6 months. I would have never picked it up on my own, (a book club pick) but I loved it! It is almost 1000 pages but well worth the time. I also think it's so important for our kids to see us reading, although I have one that hates to read and one who loves it as much as I do.

Tracy McLaughlin said...

Perfect timing. I've been in a lull...but, I am feeling inspired to try these.thanks!

Nicole McLaughlin said...

Lori- I read The Thirteenth Tale this summer...it was oddly wonderful!! :) And The Pillars of the Earth is one of my FAVORITE books of all time. I also read the sequel World Without End which I liked just as well...maybe a little better!! Check that one out!

Tracy, have you read Pillars yet? lol And yes, get on these, you will like them!!!

Lori Krause said...

Wold Without End is one of my 2 or 3 or 4 I'm working on now! Just finished 13th Tale. I have just a few chapters left of "The Hour I first Believed" by Wally Lamb. And a little bity book called "Food Rules" by Michael Pollan.

Monroe Dawson said...

Im SO checking these books out!!!

Nicole McLaughlin said...

Monroe...you better!:)

Whitefish Wendy said...

I don't know how to read.

 
© Lucky Photographer
CoffeeShop Designs